If you love your BMW, you probably want to make sure it looks outstanding all year round. Keeping it pristine this time of the year can be challenging due to road salt and wet/slippery grounds. When you maintain your vehicle’s appearance regularly, not only will it give you a confidence boost, but it can help limit the long-term damage to your car.
Whether you wash your car yourself or prefer to take it to the carwash, we recommend washing your vehicle right after any inclement weather or exposure to salt, sand, or other harmful impurities.
Below are some essential tips to remember when cleaning your BMW this season:
- Washing your car in the cold can be tough, so please remember to wear waterproof gloves, shoes, and a coat to stay warm.
- Remove any snow or ice beforehand with a brush or scraper.
- If possible, try washing your car on a day when the temperature is above freezing to avoid freezing your doors, windows, wipers, etc.
- Pay extra attention when cleaning the wheels. Make sure you scrub the rims.
- Don’t forget to get the inside of your vehicle, including your windshield, upholstery, and more.
- We recommend adding all-weather rubber mats to prevent stains and messes inside your BMW. It will keep the carpet free of mud and salt.
- Last but not least, you should do your best to keep your car covered and protected by storing it in a garage or under a car cover.
We hope you found these tips helpful! If you need help keeping your car in tip-top shape this winter, look no further than Bay Diagnostics.
Jordan Weine Owner – Bay Diagnostic Serving Brooklyn Since 1985
For over 37 years Bay Diagnostic has been a Brooklyn staple helping you get back on the road faster than the dealer can. A full-service automotive repair shop in Brooklyn that specializes in scheduled service, preventive maintenance and concierge service. At Bay Diagnostic, you will come to expect what the automotive repair experience should be, fast, easy and reliable. A one stop shop for your vehicle needs.
We proudly service Audi, BMW, Land Rover, Mercedes, Mini, Porsche, Smart Car and Volkswagen vehicles.