We Are Open
HOW OFTEN TO REPLACE A CAR BATTERY
You need a fully charged, properly operating battery in order to start your vehicle, so it is essential that you keep the battery free of corrosion and have it tested regularly to ensure that you don’t get stuck. Knowing how often to replace a car battery or how often to change a car battery can save you from needless hassle. How long do car batteries last, and how often do you replace the battery in a BMW? As with car batteries in general, your BMW battery will typically have a lifespan of 4 to 5 years. However, there are several factors that can affect how long a battery will last. Here are a few of the things that can shorten your battery’s lifespan:
- Extreme Temperatures: Hot weather causes the evaporation of liquids inside a car battery, so if you live in a more consistently hot climate your battery life will be inevitably shorter. In addition, freezing temperatures can reduce battery capacity by 22% to 50%.
- Vibrations: If your battery’s hold-down clamps are loose, or you drive over rough roads frequently, vibrations can cause internal battery parts to break down faster.
- Jump Starts: Leaving the lights for an extended period when the engine is off is the most common cause for a battery to lose its charge and require a jump start. Frequent jump starts can significantly shorten battery life.
- Time: How long do car batteries last? A car battery can only go through so many charge cycles before it inevitably gives up but proper care can help you get the most out of your car battery lifespan.
SIGNS YOUR CAR BATTERY IS DYING
Knowing when you need to get a BMW battery replacement will appear in several ways as you make your way along the New York roads. Here are some common BMW battery warning signs that will let you know that it’s time to bring your BMW to BAY DIAGNOSTIC in Brooklyn NY.
- BMW ignition won’t start
- Dimmer interior and exterior lights
- Display or air conditioner malfunctions
HOW OFTEN SHOULD YOU INSPECT YOUR BMW BATTERY?
When a battery dies, you could end up stranded on the roads in the 5 Boroughs of N.Y. In order to avoid this inconvenience, we recommend that drivers check their batteries once or twice per year, and more often when the weather is working against them. Extreme heat may result in shorter battery life, so schedule service today.
A BMW battery can last anywhere from 4-5 years, and Original BMW Batteries tend to last longer than aftermarket substitutes. Drivers in the Brooklyn area should replace their battery once every 3 or 4 years for the best results, and our service department can help you find exactly what you need.