We Are Open
Porsche Service and Maintenance Schedule For 2000-2019:
Brooklyn’s own Bay Diagnostic is the Porsche service leader throughout the New York area. We know how important it is to maintain your Porsche to the standards set by the manufacturer, not only for the car itself but for your own peace of mind and safety. Following a recommended service schedule is key to maintaining a reliable Porsche that will perform as you expect it to, when you expect it too. Bay Diagnostic also offers a complimentary concierge service for our clients, taking the headache of traffic and waiting for your car in a waiting room out of the equation.
CHANGE ENGINE OIL
AND FILTER EVERY 5,000 MILES
- 500 – 2000 miles / 800 – 3200 km
- 1800 – 3000 miles / 3000 – 5000 km
- 7500 miles / 12000 km
- 15000 miles / 24000 km
- 30000 miles / 48000 km
- 60000 miles / 96000 km
- Brake Fluid and Engine Coolant should be replaced every two years regardless of mileage. If the car is tracked, the brake fluid should be changed at least once a year.
- For 944s, the timing belt and balance shaft belt should be changed at 45,000 miles. For 968s, they should be changed at 60,000 miles. For both the 944 and 968, the belt condition and tension should be checked every 15000 miles.
- For 944s it is recommended to replace the water pump at every other belt change (90000 miles). For 968s, it may be possible to extend the life of the pump to the second belt change at 120000 miles. However, you should monitor for indications of a failing water pump closely after 100000 miles.
- For timing belt and balance belt tensioners and rollers, it is recommended to remove the rollers and spinning by hand at each timing belt replacement. If the roller is noisy, it should be replaced. All rollers should be replaced at every other belt change unless it’s an individual roller that was replaced during the previous belt change.