We use software that allows us to read the codes on your vehicle’s computer system, often displayed in the form of a check engine light. The diagnosis allows us to find issues ranging from complex ones to intermittent problems and faulty parts. If your check engine light is on, you should call us to make an appointment so that we can take care of it.
We provide the following services but aren’t limited to them:
- General Maintenance – Usually, this will involve changing fluids, the oil, brake pads, filter changes, rotors, calipers, bushings, shocks, springs, etc.
- Major Engine Repair – We replace the entire engine, the head gasket, timing chain, engine rebuilds, spun bearing, etc.
- Engine Maintenance – We will change the water pump, timing chain or belt, spark plugs, coil packs, rotor distributors, coolant hoses, intake boots and gaskets, O2 sensors, wires, and boots.
- Custom Work – Includes swapping the engine, and aftermarket suspension parts, etc.
We use the following factory tools which help us with diagnosing your check engine light and fixing problems:
Mercedes STAR Diagnosis System SDS – BMW, Mini, and Rolls Royce, ISTA-D, ISTA-P, INPA, NCS Expert, WINKFP, Tool32, and a couple of others.
We also use aftermarket tools like:
- VAGCOM for Volkswagen, Durametric for Porsche
- Autel Maxisys Elite
- RSW Solutions for Range Rover
In addition, we also use factory technical information for service repair information like:
- BMW TIS
- Mercedes WIS
- Volkswagen Audi Elsawin
- Porsche POSES
- Bentley Factory Service Manuals
- Ferrari Factory Service Manuals
We don’t believe in guessing but taking an informed approach to diagnosing issues with all makes and models of leading brands of vehicles.
Owner – Bay Diagnostic
Serving Brooklyn Since 1985
For over 37 years Bay Diagnostic has been a Brooklyn staple helping you get back on the road faster than the dealer can. A full-service automotive repair shop in Brooklyn that specializes in scheduled service, preventive maintenance and concierge service. At Bay Diagnostic, you will come to expect what the automotive repair experience should be, fast, easy and reliable. A one stop shop for your vehicle needs.