The 4th of July is one of the most celebrated holidays here in America. It symbolizes our freedom and our independence, and many families and friends get together to enjoy each other's company and watch fireworks - a long-held tradition here in the states.
We know that July 4th weekend may look a little different this year due to the current pandemic. However, there are still ways in which you can celebrate while staying safe. We know you're probably eager to start up the grill and spend time with loved ones, so here are some tips on how you can do so safely this July 4th weekend:
- Don't forget to wear your face mask if you'll be out in public or celebrating with friends. If you are celebrating with anyone outside of your household, try to practice social distancing!
- If you'll be consuming alcohol, have a plan for how you will get home (if you aren't celebrating at home already). Never drink and drive. Use a rideshare app or have a designated driver.
- July 4th is actually statistically one of the most dangerous days to drive throughout the year. This is due to ti the high rate of alcohol consumption. If you are driving, stay alert and aware of surrounding vehicles and practice defensive driving.
- If you're celebrating outside, be sure to have the right clothing and sunscreen protection. Also, stay hydrated with plenty of water.
- Be sure that your vehicle is in great condition if you're planning on traveling. Here at Bay Diagnostic, we can provide a vehicle inspection before your long trip to verify that your vehicle can handle the drive. If not, we help you take care of your vehicle's needs before you hit the road.
- Only certain fireworks are legal in certain places to light yourself. If you have legal fireworks to light, be safe. Don't light them around other people, other homes, or flammable items. Only light them is safe places and use caution around fire.
We hope that these safety tips will allow you to have an amazing July 4th holiday. We wish you the best, and happy Independence Day!